• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted and ready to flash rom

bcrichster, can you please walk me through the process of making our phone the best it can be(performance wise)? I have ROM manager premium v5.5.3.7. My root was done via framaroot and I downloaded warplte_B07_deodexed_debloated.zip to my phone? What is next? Thank you for your patients and help.. I'm sorry, I am a newb all over again...

P.S. This post might be in the wrong place, sorry y'all...

Upvote 0
bcrichster, can you please walk me through the process of making our phone the best it can be(performance wise)? I have ROM manager premium v5.5.3.7. My root was done via framaroot and I downloaded warplte_B07_deodexed_debloated.zip to my phone? What is next? Thank you for your patients and help.. I'm sorry, I am a newb all over again...

P.S. This post might be in the wrong place, sorry y'all...

Everything you need is in the all things root section. OK, first.. Do NOT use ROM mgr!! You may end up bricking it - for real. If you want performance, stick with JB B07 ROM and JimSmiths OC Jock kernel. I use SmartassV2 setting. The Jock Kernel DOES NOT work on B12 KK 4.4.2.
I trust Flashify, that way u can install recoveries like CWM or Philz Touch. I personally use Philz.. More options. You're rooted so use flashify to flash Philz Touch for the N9510. Reboot into recovery and immediately make a backup to external SD1 before ANYTHING ELSE. Oh yeah.. Any downloads will usually go to SD0 (internal) so move any file or zip u intend to flash to external SD1 as recoveries can't access internal memory. SuperR's B12 deodexed/debloated (Kit Kat 4.4.2) works excellent - that's what I'm using ATM. Check out the Xposed installer and KK Gravitybox if ya like other options. Oh and by the way - phil's touch takes an godly amount of time to clear caches or wipe data for new rom installation (20+ min) don't panic just give it time.

Reactions: SPUR210
Upvote 0
Im having trouble installing philztouch6.19.2-warplte.zip my recovery is stock and I cant get past the E:footer is wrong
E:signiture verification failed
Same issue when tryin to flash any of the .zips. CWM will not flash from flahify either... I think we need CWM to allow unsigned zips... but CWM is unsigned... I am a little mushy in the brain trying to figure this out... Thanks again bcrichster and anyone else offering aide.

P.S. Thoughts on a better thread title?

Upvote 0
Im having trouble installing philztouch6.19.2-warplte.zip my recovery is stock and I cant get past the E:footer is wrong
E:signiture verification failed
Same issue when tryin to flash any of the .zips. CWM will not flash from flahify either... I think we need CWM to allow unsigned zips... but CWM is unsigned... I am a little mushy in the brain trying to figure this out... Thanks again bcrichster and anyone else offering aide.

P.S. Thoughts on a better thread title?

Oh! Lmfao.. My bad, bro. Forgot to tell ya to pull CWM (or Philz).img file from .zip first. Flash THAT from flashify under the Recovery image option. Then reboot into recovery/Phil/cwm and unselect the signed zip option before flashing any Roms. Don't forget to backup too!z

Upvote 0
Gottit, but I forced it using adb fastboot to the recovery image file instead, unchecked the signed zip option, backed up everything and clean wiped for install....updated from sd the full recovery.zip, then the rom, then the partition fix...? Everything seems to be GREAT! This stuff is so cool!:smokingsomb: I should be a dev! jk lmfao What else could I/should I do with this thing? BTW I stuck with the B12 debloated and not the B07 with the overclocked kernel you said would be better performance... I most definitely would not have been able without you and yours here at the forums! You guys are rock stars.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones