1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted and Rom installed, now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrThom, May 19, 2011.

1. MrThom

MrThom Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    Hello ladies and gents!

Ive been using this forum for the past couple weeks and last night I finally took the plunge and rooted my phone and installed Redux on my HTC Desire handset. Im happy with the way things have sped up and its all clean and sparkling, however, I seem to have a few issues.

First of all, I chose Redux as I hear it was the best (well, one of) for battery usage, however, I am getting no real change from old OS to new Redux OS. Am I doing something wrong? I have power saving mode on but still not getting much in the way of power save.

Secondly, my apps and contact on my old OS. Where are they and can they be recovered within Redux? Ive gone into the phonebook and tried to Sync SD card to import contacts, but to no avail. As for importing my apps from old OS, well... I dont even know where to begin.

I have rooted my phone using Unrevoked method and then installed Rom which I was very happy to find was actually very painless and a straightforward process (thanks to AF community!). I backed up my old OS with ClockworkMod. I had a slight problem when I first installed Redux as my phone wouldnt boot when shut down so I recovered my old OS then reinstalled Redux. My old OS is still exactly how I left it but I would rather not have to recover old OS, fanny about with the contacts and apps then reinstall Redux again. So my third question is, is their an easy way to get the contacts and apps onto Redux?

Thanks in advance, guys!

PS. This is my first post, so hello all! :D

Advertisement

2. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Technical Support
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    You needed to root and backup your apps/data with Titanium Backup before flashing the new ROM. You can't restore info from the CWM backup

3. MrThom

MrThom Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    Aha! Thanks Ed! Ill try do that now. What would you recommend the easiest and safest way to do this would be? Should I clear REdux off and recover, backup using Titanium then reinstall Redux or should I back up Redux, recover old OS, back up using Titanium then recover Redux?

Thanks!

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Either / or really. Both will achieve the same result.

Personally I would backup redux and restore it rather than a reflash as it wouldnt need setting up again.

be careful what you restore in titanium. Rather than batch restore, do one by one and try not to restore anything that is a system setting.

If its just contacts restore old rom, export to sd, then in redux import.

Its contacts storage that holds the contacts

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    or backup redux, restore old rom
    sync with google
    restore redux
    sync with google

Tags: