• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted and Rom'd

ducky1979

Android Expert
Dec 16, 2010
Buxton, Derbyshire
Right i have managed to successfully root my Desire using the one click unrevoked method download from here http://androidforums.com/desire-all...oot-guide-updated-5-45-am-cst-feb-2011-a.html and i downloaded my rom from here HTC Desire - XDA-Developers if you want to make your own htc style keyboard go here http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/286406-htc-keyboard-apk.html#post2346379 see post 8, i am now running a2sd for these go to SUroot sig guide, Android Forums - View Profile: SUroot i also would like to thank SUroot, LECTER, InfernalByte who helped me massively when i ran into problems, i tried cyanogen 6.1.1 first but i couldnt get the a2sd to work properly but i have no switched to Gingervillian 1.2 which is an awesome rom, and i find its very fast and stable and the a2sd works flawlessly. dont be scared to ask questions on here, you will get loads of help, i found the whole process of rooting and installing roms pretty easy, but if your struggling post a thread and you will get answers, and maybe some sarcasm (you know who you are :D) but its all in the name of fun.

Also, if anyone is having problems look at my posts as i have probably encountered it.

It was easy, when you ask lots of questions! LOL! oh and HA HA HA. Can anyone guess who was bullying me through the whole process. :-D It is easy though when you actually do it, I was surprised.
So is just about everything in life; the first step is always the hardest!! ;)
The more you flash, it becomes second nature

I knew there was something familiar about you the last time I was in Leeds! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones