• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted and Sprint AIRAVE - any issues/concerns

Because of service issues will be using a Sprint Airave. One of our phones is rooted - any concerns? If software updates needed for the Sprint Airave, can they be accepted on the rooted phone? Anything else I need to know??

Thanks in advance!

Airave works. My phone is rooted and I get acceptional signal at home. Airave works by boosting radio signal

Upvote 0
Airave works. My phone is rooted and I get acceptional signal at home. Airave works by boosting radio signal

That's not entirely correct. The Airave creates it's own signal to cover about 5000sqft . It then routes your cell phone signal through your broadband internet connection to make calls.

No Internet = No radio signal

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
That's not entirely correct. The Airave creates it's own signal to cover about 5000sqft . It then routes your cell phone signal through your broadband internet connection to make calls.

No Internet = No radio signal

that is true but the point i was making was the airave only deals with the radio's it does not affect the rom. However your correct It gives a better signal as long as you have internet.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Because of service issues will be using a Sprint Airave. One of our phones is rooted - any concerns? If software updates needed for the Sprint Airave, can they be accepted on the rooted phone? Anything else I need to know??

Thanks in advance!

The only problem you might see is that texts may not be sent and you get massive error messages. The weird thing is the texts get sent over and over again the phone just doesnt seem to know this so it keeps trying. It can be annoying for your friends. :)

A couple weeks ago a friend got a text from me 11 times in a row...she got mad because ironically the text said "deja vu" so she thought I was doing it on purpose :p

If you run into issues like this unplug the Airave and your broadband and let it cycle. That will clear the cache out and the buffer and will reset the Airwave. Should work after that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones