• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted and Tethering connects but nothing pulls. Help?

Araliss

Sep 1, 2010
When I first got my fascinate back in 2010 I rooted it and got wifi tether app to work. Then Verizon did an update that got rid of my root. Then I updated to 2.2.. I recently rooted again, I have superuser back. I've tried Barnacle, Barnacle Legacy, Android Wifi tether 3.1 beta and a couple of other versions. I've trying to tether my Entourage PE and or my Nook Color. Both of them see the connection with WiFi 3.1 and they connect, but they don't pull.

Any ideas? I've changed Divice profile to Samsung Fascinate, and setup method to Samsung master. I have enable access control and I check mark when one of my devices connects, but still they don't pull anything so I can't surf.

Anything else I can try? Anyone else have this problem and found away around it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones