• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted and Titanium?

Saint2710

Jan 6, 2010
Northumberland UK
Hi Please help as I find a lot of information and methods confusing to say the least.
I have rooted my Desire using unRevoked 3 and assume it has been successful because I have managed to load a couple of 'root only' apps. I have kept the stock froyo rom for the moment. I have installed titanium backup from the market but not sure how it works? I tried launching it and initially it comes up with superuser access request and a countdown timer from 10 I tick allow and remember but it says root access failed, I have gone to check for problems and it downloaded busybox. I now seem to be in an endless loop when I click on allow it just comes up again?

Last night I managed to get to the backup/restore screen and each application is showing with an exclamation mark next to it, I try running the batch operation and a message is displayed
'Backup verification not possible'
Sorry, verifying backups requires Hypershell, which is available in the donate version only.

Not to be daunted Istarted going to each app seperately, the options are Backup!, Freeze!, Un-install!
Run app and Wipe data.
I press backup. the superuser request comes up (remember is ticked) and I then have to press allow multiple times until it back up or it just stays in a countdown loop?

Sorry if this is long winded but it is driving me nuts!

Thanks for the quick reply danfrance, Still get the message unable to gain root, says it has failed? However after a couple of tries installing busybox I managed to get it started, It's just that the Superuser request screen stays on and keeps counting down from 10 and repeating all the time, It is working because it is showing ever increasing progress in the notifications bar. Is this normal? If it is then it's a very long process.

Upvote 0
Hmm yes. The backup operation stopped at 20%, tried re-starting still getting message Root Access - Failed, Triued the problem psection and re-downloaded busybox. Have attached drocap screen capture (required root?)
I don't know what is wrong, any ideas?

Attachments

• CAP201010190921.jpg
    CAP201010190921.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0
Ok so now I have installed and uninstalled Titanium backup quite a few times and it didn't work, This evening when I returned from work I tried again and everything is now fine???????????
Everything backed up ok except..
com.htc.flashliteplugin it says no backup yet, Backup and Freeze are greyed out Un-Install! is in red
recovery also says no Backup yet same options as above.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones