• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (rooted)(bootloader unlocked) cwm recovery and running cyanogenmod 10.2(4.4.2 kitkat)

Danbarrrr

Apr 5, 2014
I emailed Huawei with IMEI and S/N and they sent me the bootloader unlock code within 3 hours.
Rooted using Impactor and Unlocked bootloader in command prompt.
FOUND OUT HOW TO DO THAT FROM THIS FORUM
flashed the clockworkmod for y300 attach below to recovery and it works surprisingly well.

I then updated using cwm CyanogenMod 11 for y300(u8833) attached
Next I installed a Google apps pack(attached) using cwm.

Booted perfect. everything works.

BUT neither WiFi or bluetooth turn on. If anyone can help me with that let me know.
phone thinks its a y300, same S/N as before. works perfect exept for bluetooth and wifi

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.

clorkworkmod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GrU4SiYzRkTjB4MVdiSGpxWmc/edit?usp=sharing
cyanogenmod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GrU4SiYzRkVHpPcUFXRFhMb0k/edit?usp=sharing
google apps:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GrU4SiYzRkVHpPcUFXRFhMb0k/edit?usp=sharing

What the.... Wow. That was a bold move, considering that such methods could permanently brick a phone :D:D

Gotta say, you are my hero of the day for that hahaha... I don't know how deeply involved fixing WiFi and Bluetooth is, but if that's all that doesn't work there may be some hope for it! So that's it? It will make phone calls and surf with 3G cellular data?

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm curious too. It seems that the only things above not working, including GPS are common items with CM. If cell radio, touch screen and speaker all work fine most of the work is out of the way right? I looked into trying this before with, I think a port of G300 CM from Modaco, pretty much the same phone. I was just too scared to try it on a phone I only had for a week :D

Upvote 0
Searched Google for huawei y301a1 kernel, came across a download link on this forum.
Something about open source. No idea what to do with it.

Read somewhere that the kernel is flashed onto device as boot.IMG file. The open source has no such file.
So I guess I need to learn how to create the boot.IMG file from the open source ?

Upvote 0
I want to build a custom kitkat 4.4.2 with y301a1 kernel.

I cleaned up my PC and install Ubuntu and began setting up a proper developing environment(jdk , ndk and ADT). I have no clue what I'm doing (just what I want to get done) but I've been getting a lot of information from this forum.

If you guys can give me some tips or direct me to a guide or to tutorial that would be extremely helpful.

Upvote 0
Okay, to fix WiFi on the Valiant (I can do that) you need the kernel source, the WiFi library (can be obtained from the update package I have), and the WiFi drivers (can be obtained from a stock working Valiant). Bluetooth I need to do some research, but I think KitKat has issues with most phones in terms of Bluetooth. The issue however is going to be the same problem, we have been having with this phone, we need to get it to boot. The zImage (as stated) contains the kernel and the ramdisk; however it also contains the init script. If I open the zImage and replace the kernel, that will break the ramdisk because they aren't compiled for the same device. Maybe it will boot because of the init script, but I need to look into that.

Also, Danbarrr, while what you did helped quite a bit, it was also incredibly brash. You should be very careful of what you install in the future, unless you want an expensive paperweight.

Upvote 0
Home screen

Attachments

• 1397187188775.jpg
    1397187188775.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0
So any further news on getting wifi/bluetooth working. At least if you can get wifi working, I would jump in immediately.

Also, Danbarrrr, thanks for being an advanced scout for the rest of us.

Now, if this screws up the device, what is the correct way to recover.

If possible please provide link to working SAFE rom or recovery method.
Thanks

p.s. I offer a suggestion and have no idea if it would work for wifi or bluetooth or not. If someone made a titianum root backup of valiant jelly bean , followed links in this guide , then just loaded the wifi drivers/bluetooth drivers on kitkat from titianum backup, would that work?

In titianum wi-fi 1.0.14
wi-fi access points
wi-fi calling 1.0.1
bluetooth pairings
bluetooth services 1.0
bluetooth share 4.1.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones