• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted, but not for me.

R3vel

May 21, 2010
Well, I have rooted my Desire and installed some of the most popular ROMS (not at the same time :D ), but after 2 weeks of a new look and a few intersting features, I have decided to go back to my original RRU ROM. I tried it and didnt brick my phone ( thanks to excellent tutorials ) but I guess I like things "original". Respect where respect is due to the developers of the modded ROMS.

Well, I have rooted my Desire and installed some of the most popular ROMS (not at the same time :D ), but after 2 weeks of a new look and a few intersting features, I have decided to go back to my original RRU ROM. I tried it and didnt brick my phone ( thanks to excellent tutorials ) but I guess I like things "original". Respect where respect is due to the developers of the modded ROMS.

So you are not having a problem with the small internal memory? Is that even possible?

Upvote 0
So you are not having a problem with the small internal memory? Is that even possible?

I'm not a hardcore user and guess I was just using different ROMS for the "appearance" aspect rather than the other benefits that to be honest may have been too advanced for me (christ I must be getting old ) No idea what the superuser thing was. I was using iNsert GB but found that it wouldnt turn the phone off, just reboot, so decided to reroot to it's original state.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Reactions: porter_james
Upvote 0
I too venture back to stock when I get bored of being rooted. The only reason I root is to help with battery life. Having extra space is nice, and I do find I put more pointless apps on the phone but if I were to keep it to the minimum I use then I'd easily live with a stock ROM. Hence why I'm looking at the Sensation as it does what I want it to.

Just not yet as there seem to be issues with it :D

Upvote 0
I'm not a hardcore user and guess I was just using different ROMS for the "appearance" aspect rather than the other benefits that to be honest may have been too advanced for me (christ I must be getting old ) No idea what the superuser thing was. I was using iNsert GB but found that it wouldnt turn the phone off, just reboot, so decided to reroot to it's original state.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Oh okay, well Superuser just manages your su-right, i.e. allowing which apps have root access and which don't.
Btw you can flash a rooted stock rom if you should ever have problems with internal memory ;)

Reactions: R3vel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones