1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooted but not. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xXSaXoNXx, Oct 20, 2012.

1. xXSaXoNXx

xXSaXoNXx Newbie

I have previously rooted my ZTE Score and had full functionality with superuser and busybox. everything was fine. then, I accidently wiped my phone and now I cant, for the life of me, get superuser to update the binary to "gain root access". i've tried to use Super Oneclick, Zerg and z4 to "reroot" my phone and all have claimed to have succeeded. However root checker says I don't have proper root access and none of my rooted apps function. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything from my device and PC a million times to "start fresh" and nothing! please help me because I was sure I had remedied this problem awhile back but obviously not. how can I just start with a fresh root and get back what I knew work as I had before?

2. stedman420

stedman420 Guest

Do you have custom recovery? If yes try doing a wipe and installing a stock rom that is rooted. Or if you don't have custom recovery try usin this I haven't had it fail on me yet.
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=585313
    If it doesn't work on the first try run it twice in a row. Also it's my recommendation to remove your sdcard before running this(it just makes things easier) also don't turn on usb debugging till after you plug into the pc(just to ensure a proper connection) Also wiping your phone would not remove anything from your system folder (i.e. su binary and superuser apk) so my hunch is the phone was not properly rooted to begin with so starting over might be a good idea. Anyway hope this helps :)

xXSaXoNXx likes this.
  3. xXSaXoNXx

xXSaXoNXx Newbie

I'm glad that you stumbled across my thread. Thank you a million times over. Your advice worked and I have full rooted access again WOOHOO!!!:D

4. stedman420

stedman420 Guest

Hey no prob glad I could help:thumbup: Oh and if you wanna catch attention about root issues post in the all things root section. I know there's alot of times that's the only section I look in. Anyway it's good to hear there's another happy rooted user enjoy and remember rule number one BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING NEW and you'll never have a problem you can't restore from ;)

Rxpert83 and xXSaXoNXx like this.
  5. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

To the root side:)

Rxpert83 likes this.

ZTE Score Forum

The ZTE Score release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, processor, and 1200mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews