1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted. Can't freeze any apps.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fashes, Jan 4, 2014.

1. fashes

fashes Lurker

I've read everything here in the Rise forums and poked around XDA. All the root check apps I tried say I'm rooted but there are to things I cannot do.

1. I can't freeze apps, system or user installed. When I try to freeze, with Titanium, Link2SD, or SystemCleanup they all hang.
    2. I can't (force?) move apps to SD with Install Manager (Alfred Nuemayer), SystemCleanup etc.
    3. I can't change autorun features with Autorun Manager, SystemCleanup, Titanium (?). So FRUSTRATING.

I used TechDad378's method and have Superuser and Pimp My Rom successfully installed and running.

2. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

I haven't tried the other stuff but I too can't freeze apps. Link2SD hangs like you say. SD Maid acts like it went ok but the app isn't frozen. ROM Toolbox Lite gives me a notification "Failed freezing {appname}".

Seems to be the same on my Boost Kyocera Hydro as my Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rise. They are the same phones with very much the same OS apart from carrier tweaks and keyboard for Rise/waterproof for Hydro.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kyocera Rise Forum

The Kyocera Rise release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews