• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted & Confused with ROM Manager

I hope that this is an easy one for the root masters on here.

Firstly i have successfully rooted my Desire by using the unrevoked3 app so now went though without a hitch and root was successful as i have installed ROM Manger from the Market.
Ive clicked on the ClockworkMod Recover and that has installed fine.
Ive done the Backup Current Rom and its created a folder on my SD card with the back up.

Now i want to simply add A2SD or even A2SD+ as they both appear to do the same to me?
Ive manually backed up my SD card as i know it needs to partition it but is it simply a case of going through that option or do i need to flash a custom ROM to it?

LeeDROID looks like a good option as i like the standard set up pretty much just with launcher pro rather than Sense which i could add after?

Lastly, if it all goes wrong how do i restore the backup ive created?

Kudos to anyone who can help me

ok its quite simple
youve already backed up the sdcard so do a partition with rom manager (512ext and 0swap)
make sure youve clicked "flash latest clockwork recovery" at the top as even though you already have it. the rom manager needs this to work
once done then copy the contents back to the sdcard

you will need to either add the a2sd+ script yourself or flash a rom that includes this.
leedroid 2.2a comes with an a2sd+ script but you must have the ext partition prior to flashing.
you flash this by booting into recovery (voldown + power) and then selecting "install zip from sdcard" and then choosing "choose zip from sdcard"

you can return to the backup youve made by going into recovery and selecting "backup and restore"

good luck

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones