• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted Dream update solution

jamieownsu

Jan 13, 2010
I have heard people saying that a rooted Dream or Magic will not work with data after the update date.

From what I understand, this is true.

However, I found a solution, I apologize if this has already been determined.

The solution? Put your SIM card into an updated Dream or Magic, and boot up. Voila, problem solved.

I know this because I have an updated Magic and a rooted Dream, running Cyanogen.

I updated my Magic, and then put my SIM in my Dream, and am having no problems at all.

Just FYI :)

Easier solution. Turn your phone off, remove the battery, hold the power button for about 10 seconds(with the battery OUT), leave the battery out for another 10-20 minutes for good measure. After that start it up as normal. This will reset your device on the network.

Holding the power button with the battery out will reset your device cache. This should effectively give you a network refresh and your internet should work again.

Upvote 0
Easier solution. Turn your phone off, remove the battery, hold the power button for about 10 seconds(with the battery OUT), leave the battery out for another 10-20 minutes for good measure. After that start it up as normal. This will reset your device on the network.

Holding the power button with the battery out will reset your device cache. This should effectively give you a network refresh and your internet should work again.

Have you tested that method?

Upvote 0
Another forum member did.

When I phoned in to get a network reset the tech told me you can force your phone to do one by pulling the battery out and leaving it for 20 mins.

This method should do it. Its a typical fix for quite a few issues. I had to do it one time on my dream when it wouldn't boot up. I'd turn the phone on and the lights would come on but the lcd wouldnt' work. I've had to do it on my laptop before to when the same thing happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones