• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Droid Overheating and Not Charging

coled91

May 25, 2010
I have a rooted droid running bbv1.0 and Ive had this for a couple of months now. I recently lost my wallcharger so I have just been charging it with the data cable and the computer. Today I was gone most of the day and my battery was at 15% when I got home. I plugged it into the computer for about an hour and when I came back it still had the same amount of battery life when I unplugged it to check. I have setcpu and it was doing the failsafe warning (over 120 degrees) a little more than usual today.. It got up to about 145 degrees for a minute at one point when I was using the wireless tether with my laptop. It had the failsafe warning when I checked it while charging just a little bit ago. I dont know if the battery is failing or if its a problem with the phone..? Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

ok thanks alot! I actually just got my new wallcharger piece in today for the cord and when I hooked the darn thing up it didnt charge.. (Shouldnt have bought the piece for 50 cents on ebay) I think I might have another wallcharger piece I can put the usb cable in. Any word on the overheating?? And one other question. I have my phone running on the setcpu profiles right now but it runs up to 1.1ghz. Does this really degrade the life of the phone? And how does overheating affect phone life? thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones