1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted epic4g touch prompting ICS update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JAJameson2010, Oct 31, 2012.

1. JAJameson2010

JAJameson2010 Android Enthusiast

So I finally got my GN2, so I did a factory reset on my epic touch 4g and activated it on another line on my account. It's still rooted. I still have super user and it has the Caulkin Rom listed, but it's asking to do the ICS update. Never did that before... How do I stop it? Why is it doing this? I'm assuming if we do the ICS update it will un root it right?

Please help...

2. cerj

cerj Well-Known Member

Press later on the update, then go to settings,scroll down to date and time uncheck auto date n time. scroll down to date, i put 2014 and it worked for me. then press ok when prompted. go to auto date and time and recheck it then go about your day, cuz its done. hope i helped you. found at XDA

JAJameson2010 likes this.
  3. JAJameson2010

That's awesome! I'll try this tonight. Thanks so much!

4. JAJameson2010

Just tried that and it didn't work... Maybe I should try reflashing the ROM?

5. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

Remove the update from the device. Find a good root explorer. Navigate to /cache and delete the long file name with the update name somewhere in the file name... like mines a s3... so mine looks like... AH351(L710).......blah blah blah... delete this and it's gone.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews