1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Rooted Eris Can't get Wifi Tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whitlecj, May 23, 2010.

1. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

May 7, 2010
    My wife just got an Eris and I rooted but did not install a custom rom. I have downloaded several of the android wifi tether versions (the free one) and several of the versions say that I don't have root and will not let me tether the phone. I can type su in terminal and get the # line so I think I have root. I also tried barnacle and it will let me connect to the network but will not go online. I am very new to to all of this but we are going on a long trip and want to use her phone to tether an ipad. I have an incredible and can't do it with mine yet. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. DanMarg

DanMarg Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I did exactly what you described, rooted without installing a custom rom, and loaded aNetshare with no problem. Did you try aNetshare?

Afterwards I installed the sense-able rom because I had to do a hard reset to get rid of a couple of OTA bugs anyway, and aNetshare reinstalled fine. I prefer it to the built in Wired Tether.

3. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

May 7, 2010
    I can't figure out how to get anetshare installed. I put it on the sd card and can't get it installed with an installer. Any ideas?

4. DanMarg

DanMarg Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I think I just launched the apk with astro.

5. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

May 7, 2010
    I downloaded the zip file and it is just a folder that is named with a apk extension. Do you have a link to the version you used? I tried launching with astro and no luck. Thanks for your help.

6. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

May 7, 2010
    Got it. Found the correct apk file and it worked like a charm. Thanks for you help.