• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooted eris help please

dmullins80

Mar 26, 2010
Will someone please tell me in detail what I can do with my rooted eris? Besides saying I have told control over my phone. Because what does that mean? Like what can i change to make it better. I already have a different rom. What else is there. What can i do with the super user screen? Is there big changes on how I can make it run? Can I customize the look and them theme?

Also, how.do I use apps to SD? I found a Rom that runs good and also gives me alot of space on my phone. And I want to keep a lot of spaceon phone. That will keep it running smother and faster, right?

Please help? Thank you very much.

I think a list of the modifications that can be made on a rooted phone would be nearly endless.

The best thing to do, perhaps (I am no expert on rooting, obviously), is get to know your Eris and then post a wish list of things you would like to be able to do and then inquire as to if those things can be done and then, "how?"

If I had a rooted Eris, for example, I'd like to start by being able to have what I want on that notification bar at the top; the clock is useless to me and I have one on my home screen nice and big.

.. etc. ;)

Upvote 0
I'd like to start by being able to have what I want on that notification bar at the top; the clock is useless to me and I have one on my home screen nice and big.

.. etc. ;)
Agreed,
I'm relatively new to android and root, but some things I'm looking for in my now rooted eris (some of which I have achieved, some are not yet possible): Remove apps that were pre-installed that I don't want cluttering up my phone, changing the boot logo and/or animation, tethering, access to cool apps only available to root users, general style changes, and spending large amounts of my play time (much to my wife's chagrin) tinkering with my phone and then trying to figure out how I did it and how to fix it;)

Just do a good backup before you change anything, and remember what you did!
That last bit is something I still forget too often:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones