1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted Eris Using KaosFroyo V39

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pfryejr, Feb 11, 2011.

1. pfryejr

pfryejr Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Need a little bit of help. I rooted my eris using KaosFroyo V39 and now certain things do not work or work right.
    When viewing pictures, i rotate the screen and i get multiple views of the picture but can not actually see it.
    My notification led and track ball do not light up anymore.
    I get force closes with apps and all the time with the stock browser.
    I thought that when i root the phone that i would get better battery life and that the lag would go away. Dont get me wrong the lag is 100% better but still get it.
    So i was looking to see if anyone had any ideas what i should do? Should i switch to a different rom? I want something to be more stable.
    Any help would be helpful. TY :D

Advertisement

2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Miranda
    the 3d gallery on froyo roms is atrocious. I'm not sure exactly what you're describing, but give the 2d gallery a try.

You should still be able to change the notification profiles on a per-app basis. will they not light up at all?
    shouldn't happen.
    it won't turn your phone into a Dinc, no, and froyo roms aren't the fastest around anyway. I would try a 2.1 rom with autokiller. even celb and gingerbread feel sluggish next to xtr.

pfryejr likes this.
  3. pfryejr

pfryejr Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2010
  4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Jan 7, 2010
    There is a FAQ for Kaos and it tells how to get the 2d gallery there: https://github.com/punk-kaos/KaosFroyo/wiki/kaosfroyo-faq#camera

(Note: TiBu is Titanium Backup, which you may need to uninstall the existing 3D gallery app.) The rest of the FAQ is worth a read if you are having issues, however.

Eris Lightning is very old and has not been updated for a long time. If you really want to try a 2.1 Sense ROM, I suggest either xtrSENSE, PlainJaneT2 or xtrRCMix.