1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted Evo cannot access copy-protected Market apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hitekalex, Jun 5, 2010.

1. hitekalex

hitekalex Well-Known Member

Be aware folks.. Rooting your Evo makes copy-protected apps "disappear" from the Market.

I never had this problem on my rooted N1, however once I rooted Evo - it cannot see apps like NYTimes, bTunes, and basically any other app that's copy protected.

I have read on XDA-forums that this has something to do with Market being affiliated with 'build.prop', but unclear as to what the fix for this will be, if any.

Right now, I am thinking of going back to stock because of this.. :(

2. robg2008

robg2008 Member

which root method are you doing?

i have unrevoked and i can see all of the apps you just listed..

3. MisterEd

MisterEd Android Expert

Using unrevoked and have no problem with the apps you listed but I can't see PAPERTOSS which I downloaded on my MT3G and that's free.

Can someone check and see if they can see PAPERTOSS in the market (not sure if it's 1 or 2 words). Maybe it was removed?

Fortunately I was able to extract it from a Titanium Backup I saved from a while back.

4. hitekalex

I used Toast method.. But I am going to restore my Evo back to Stock and apply Unrevoked method.

What's the best way to restore rooted Evo to stock?

5. dandm4life

dandm4life Android Enthusiast

toasted and can see the apps you mentioned.

6. freeza

freeza Android Enthusiast

I see those apps with toast+unrevoked..

7. hitekalex

Restored to Stock, applied OTA update, and rooted with Unrevoked. Can see all the apps now.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews