• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted? Evo

Hi all, I currently have an samsung transform (worst phone ever) so i decided to replace it with something better. i just got an EVO that i bought off of ebay that said it was already rooted. how would i go about verifying that it is indeed rooted? I tried holding volume down + power and nothing happened (held for at least 15 seconds) until i let them go then the phone just started up normally. checking in the settings at the software information it doesn't look like anything custom is running. The only thing i found was the superuser app was installed. I did have my transform rooted with a custom kernel on it so i've messed with root a little on that, just not sure what i need to look for on this one to verify.

thanks for the help! :cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones