• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted, flashed CM7!

Not yet, this is my first try. You like the ninja rom? Do I have to flash a kernel or a radio too? Or just wipe everything and flash it over? Because I am down to try a different one like right now lol.

Try the Ninja Rom - {rom}NINJA-0716(2.3.4) 07/16/2011-|Swype 3.0|New Market|LM 6.0|G+! - xda-developers - if you want a NON-sense rom. If you're looking for a Sense 3.0 based rom, try HoneySense HD, located here - [ ROM ][15 JULY] Honeysense HD v7.2.1 EXT4|Honeycomb|Daemon|Sense|3D Sense| - xda-developers - with lots of eye candy.

-Mike

Reactions: scorpiopantera
Upvote 0
OK so im going to ask possibly a dumb question....but ill feel better asking it...you did root the phone before you put on HoneysenceHD rite...cause the pics of the rom have me sold...i wanna put it on tonite...and which method of rooting did you use?

I'm not sure if that question was directed to me or the OP. I used Bubby's One Click method, available here - [GUIDE]Inspire 4G, Rooting, Flashing, Softbrick, Fixes, Sideloading.(4-23) - xda-developers - but there is another method (shown in the same thread) which many people have had success with. You need to read up on both, so you can make an informed choice.

-Mike

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Love the honeysense

Excellent! I'm glad people are enjoying the great roms available on the XDA Developers site. :)

As a side note - just be aware of their rather strict rules about posting questions over there. They have a Q&A thread here - Inspire 4G Q&A - xda-developers - where you post all of your rom related questions and complaints to.

HTH,

-Mike

Upvote 0
For any new users on this ROM you should add the power widget to your homsecreen. You have the option to turn your portable hotspot on, torch (which if you select high brightness goes so much brighter than the htc sense flashlight), even go between 2g and 3g with one push of an icon. Really saves battery life! And if it shows 2g,3g on your icon you can be sure you are still getting 4g speeds. Also try going to settings-adw launcher-screen preferences. If you select desktop transition at the bottom you can select how each page turns. (for those of you that like sense 3 select cube) Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: droidbaby
Upvote 0
torch (which if you select high brightness goes so much brighter than the htc sense flashlight),

I mean! It's not a focused beam but dang if it doesn't light up a dark room as much as my 4 watt cree pretend-tactical-flashlight.

Battery monitor widget also showed 1400ma draw on the battery with that on, I've never seen it go higher than 700-750, usually when playing a game. (Regular flashlight apps make my battery ma draw usually go up by 150-200ma.)

I'm sticking with teslaLED widget, as bright as the sense flashlight on high, looks better and I'm not risking melting my phone near as much if I forget to turn it off.

Is this extra-bright light something CM does on a lot of phones or is it a DHD-specific thing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones