• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Rooted] Fresh 1.1 and Peep, Themes

stinky

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
SoCal
I have rooted a couple weeks ago and installed Fresh 1.1, didnt seem any better than the Stock ROM so I switched it back. I went back to Fresh last night as I wanted to give it another try before dismissing it altogether.

Question 1: where is HTC Peep? Does this not work with Fresh, can I find the APK and re install it or will it not work? I cant stand any of the other Twitter widgets I have found so far to replace it.

Question 2: What about themes? Will I still need to install a home replacement with Fresh, or does it have its own themes? I cant find anything on this, themes for it, or how to install said themes. Any links, guides, etc?

Thanks in advance guys, I know you wont let me down.

I think you can put pretty much any theme you want on through the kitchen. I've put some from various ROM's onto Modaco 2.2, using Flipz' kitchen, and while they aren't perfect, they still work lol.

As long as you make a backup before tweaking anything, you can pretty much do anything you want (except flashing GSM materials) and always have a way back to the original.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip, I thought pre kitchen was a tool only for auto rooting, so I avoided it.

I tried installing the Peep APK that I found but it wouldnt install properly. I downloaded the pre kitchen, and it installed it for me, I also put back ringtone trimmer, and took out sprint nav. Very nice program.

Even though i didnt install any theme, it went and gave me a clear lockscreen, tripped me out for a second when I first saw it.

Thanks again guys, this should be fun now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones