1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted GB (.596) losing all connections

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by varaonaid, Jun 30, 2011.

1. xmike

xmike Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    Any of you guys using root call blocker? I found it was messing up my radio.

Advertisement

2. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Saint Inigoes, MD
    Nope.

3. dvader

dvader Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    This is the same problem as what's in this thread
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/324990-3g-turning-white-losing-data-connection.html

And I've tried to downgrade the radio
    in this thread (didn't work)
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/369047-downgrade-radio.html

the problem is the .12 radio
    it is NOT the PRL / roaming file.

I manage about 6 dx's (friends and family) and ALL 6 of them have the same exact problem.
    i get bitched at constantly that they have to reboot thier phones daily.
    and so did I.

Now I don't..
    what's the difference? I switched to cm7 running the .7 radio.
    and no more problems.
    None of us had this problem either with the early leaks. not until the .12 radio came out

So if someone can figure out a way to downgrade to the .7 radio. I think you will be in good shape.
    simply taking the .7 upgrader file and trying to flash it did not work for me. it failed on the 2 phones i tried it on.

4. varaonaid

varaonaid Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2009
    VT!
    No, I'm not using it either.

5. varaonaid

None

Sep 4, 2009
    VT!
    Well, knowing what the problem is is half the battle. I'm having the same problem on my 4th replacement DX (had the problems on all the others too, but had to exchange for other reasons) and on my DH's DX which is original from release date back in July 2010.

If we can figure out how to either go back to the working radio or if they'd fix the bug in the current .12 radio, sounds like we'd be in business.

And yeah, it's crappy to have people frustrated at you when their radios don't work. I have that too. :(

6. varaonaid

None

Sep 4, 2009
    VT!
    One thing I thought I'd mention that I found interesting. Today, my husband and I lost all connections at the same time on two different DX's manufacturtheed at two different times (by almost a year), running two different GB based ROMs (but with the .12p radio on both). I had never realized that we'd lost the connections at the same time making me wonder what's going on on the network that's causing the connections to stop completely. Any musings on what this could be? Or are we looking at a bug in the .12p radio?

7. ad720

ad720 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 5, 2010

Finally called in last week and even though I was 10 days out of warranty VZW gave me a CLN replacement (with only minor gnashing of teeth).

Knock on wood...so far so good with Gingerblur. The tech indicated it could be a radio issue. I didn't argue. :)

8. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    I've had the same experience with my wife both losing connectivity at the same time. She is unrooted, I am rooted but running pretty much stock GB. I just switched to CM7 thinking it would downgrade my radio to .07, but it didn't, I'm going to remain on CM7 with .12 just for grins to see if I lose connectivity before downgrading to .07.