1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Rooted how better battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by techno-update, Feb 18, 2011.

1. techno-update

So I had heard that rooting gives you better battery. Well I rooted, now how do I make my battery better?

Advertisement

2. voodooochild

voodooochild Android Enthusiast

no rooting doesnt improve battery performance, now there may be an app to aid in improving battery performance that requires root access. But standalone rooting has no effect on battery

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Your battery and resources in general can be optimized more thoroughly once rooted, mainly by trimming out unneeded stock services and apps.

I use Root Explorer, carefully. ;)

4. nkk

nkk Android Expert

Why would you not look this up before deciding to root?

Anyway, try an undervolted kernel. That is easily the biggest power savings (at least for single mod).

-Nkk

5. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

and if you have no clue what this^ means, or you dont want to flash a new kernal,then download setcpu from the market. you can scale your processor back from 1000 if you want to when the screen is on,but i personally leave it at the max,with a a lower minimum so the processor isnt spinning as fast when its not really needed.

setcpu also lets you add different profiles. for example,when my screen is off or its charging,or when the battery is <10%,it only runs at half speed.

to get rid of apps you can also use titanium backup. it has a nice feature that lets you freeze apps so you can run your phone a couple days and see if it has any affect. once you determine the apps are unneeded,and not interconnected to something important,you can use titanium(or other programs) to permantly remove the apps. in addition titanium can be used to back up apps and their contained data if you intend to change roms.

depending on how you use your phone,the above may help you. you can also set anything that syncs to manual and dim down the screen. i personally cant make it thru a day without charging,but i play with my phone alot :p

*edit* usual disclaimer: make sure you make a nandroid backup before permantly deleting anything. apps may have dependencies on other apps that can really wreak havock if messed with.