1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Rooted HTC Incredible won't boot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ballhands76, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ballhands76

ballhands76 Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I rooted my HTC Droid Incredible with and it ran fine afterwards. Then I changed a couple of the files in /system/framework and that apparently was a bad idea, 'cause now my phone won't boot. It just stops at a white screen that says "HTC Incredible". I'd made backups of my system and programs through ClockworkMod and TitaniumBackup, but unlike when I screw something up with my Droid X, I never get a clockworkmod recovery screen with the Incredible.
    I can get to HBOOT, but running recovery or factory reset gets me nothing but a black screen with white bars. After backing up my sd card via an adapter, I formatted the card and copied to it some stock image file I found on some forum and rebooted, but that didn't do anything.
    Not sure what information I need to provide. The Rom was stock. According to the HBOOT screen I've got HBOOT-0.92.0000, s-off, and RADIO-2.15.00.07.28. I still have the clockwork mod backup on my PC from when I backed up my SD Card.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement

2. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Web technician, writer
    Lauderhill, FL
    If you backed up, reboot into recovery and restore. If you didn't, reboot into recover and start over.

3. ballhands76

ballhands76 Member

Oct 22, 2010
    How exactly do I restore or start over from recovery? As I mentioned, rebooting into recovery gets me nothing but a black screen with white bars.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    randysherry likes this.
  5. randysherry

randysherry New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    God Bless ya , 24 hours without my droid, searching like a madman trying to fix it after unrevoking unrevoked so to say .. and its workingggggggggggggg Holy crap, you are a lifesaver you are a god you are awesome, thank you thank you thank you etc .. etc ... wow!

and thank god for adroidforums.com!!!

Randy in Lost Angeles!:)

P.S. Friends should never lets morons <me> root their droids.