1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Rooted Incredible, Manual Upgrade to Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by exoduster18, Sep 1, 2010.

1. exoduster18

exoduster18 Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I've rooted my Incredible with Unrevoked 3 and I have successfully used Unrevoked Forever to set S=OFF.....now, I am trying to update to Froyo, but I am confused as crap.

Can I use the official OTA update and do it manually? Or do I need a different ROM to update manually with.

I've searched here and there everywhere and I haven't gotten a firm answer or I can't find anything at all. Any help would be appreciated.....

Advertisement

2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    Option 1:
    You can use the below link. startright at the unrevoked foreever spot...
    note: you NEED to do the part were you remove SU and the clockworkmod recovery or you can't get ANY offical update.
    note2: this uses the RUU which will wipe your phone but is confirmed to be exactly the same as the OTA...

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/162100-stock-2-1-fully-rooted-froyo-2-2-a.html

option two:
    you still NEED to remove the custom recovery(clockworkmod)
    the sit tight and wait for the OTA (it'll probably come in the next few days)

Option 3:
    you still NEED to remove the custom recovery(clockworkmod) [see recurring theme here?]

Then manually run the OTA.zip
    directions for this can be found on the XDA forums

3. exoduster18

exoduster18 Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Ok, is there a version of the official OTA that I can upgrade my Incredible too that doesn't require me to wipe out Clockwork? Say a modded version that was created specifically for this purpose?

4. Crashumbc

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    further help:

in the link provided above you want step 4 to return to stock recovery image.

5. Crashumbc

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    Not that I'm aware of

I used the link above several days ago and found it very easy. note: I did the RUU which also wipes your phone.