1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root rooted inspire, wont locate downloaded update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elliottmm, Aug 4, 2011.

1. elliottmm

elliottmm Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    So I've been trying to update my phone with the update from ATT and following the
    Prompts... when it re boots to load the update, it locks up on a novo screen with a triangle and exclamation sign... when I hit the home bottom, it list some options to reboot, and at the bottom, it shows script of attempted SD card loading the file but not able to complete...

Can my rooted phone do the update or do I have to do it another way?

Any help would be appreciated

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

I've moved your post over here to the Inspire All Things Root forum so the helpful gang here can give you the info you need for your model of phone. (No worries about the move, we know our setup can seem a bit quirky at first.)

General rule of thumb is that once rooted, never take your updates over the air, always get them from links the community will provide here to the good stuff.

Depending on the exact steps and so forth, you'll need some advice on how to get things squared away and moving forward - but that varies by each make and model, I don't have an Inspire, so please hold tight until some Inspire owner(s) can pitch in.

3. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Title Insurance Underwriter
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
    If you're rooted, for the most part you don't NEED the information contained in that OTA update, as it's usually available through custom roms. Being rooted, you can avail yourself of the many custom roms over on the XDA Developers Forum found here - Inspire 4G Android Development - xda-developers - There are an amazing number of them, and you should wander around and familiarize yourself with what each has to offer.

Post back if you have any questions. :)

-Mike