1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted LG Stylo 2 Plus upgrade to nougat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DeezNutz420, Jul 30, 2017.

1. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade my rooted LG Stylo 2 Plus (T-mobile k550) to android 7.0 any help and links would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. frosthax1

frosthax1 Android Enthusiast

Depending what method of root you used you could always use lg bridge or lgup if you have the kdz.there's also a flashable for k550 that self roots and heavily debloats.
    i now use this phone and can aid help if needed

3. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

I rooted via unlocking boot loader and installing twrp. From there I flashed supersu. I'm having a hard time finding a link to a KDZ that will download properly. They all keep stalling. I'm not concerned with keeping root. Even if possible I would like to flash a ROM of 7.0 stock. I'm fairly new to an android phone and don't wanna brick it.

4. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

Is the flashable 7.0? If so are you able to source?

5. frosthax1

6. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

I'm a real. Noob.u have three zip to flash. How do. I boot into twrp?

7. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

I hold volume down plus home. Release then hold. It brings me a white screen to format. I can select yes and yes. It boots into twrp then immediately formats phone. How do I stay in twrp to flash 7.0?​

8. frosthax1

Twrp replaced the format option.it be easier if you have an sd card.id put the debloated zip and magisk in your sd card then install option select sdcard for storage and install the first zip and reboot.full unroot option on supersu settings when you get to it.then redo options to get back in twrp go to wipe format data.type yes enter then go back until you see reboot and select recovery.once back install magisk then reboot system.you'll be good to go.they'll be a magisk manager icon now you open and allow.this has root and magisksu which is magisk supersu option and it bypasses safetynet so you can play apps that detect root such as pokemon go.sorry I'm using my phone and swipe at the moment.i hope i made it clear enough

9. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

I don't under stand the first part. I have the delayed zip in the SD card. How do I get an install option?

10. frosthax1

In your twrp recovery the first button says install.

11. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

Okay I think I understand. I finally got into twrp and tried to installed the devoted 7.0 zip file. But it gave me an error message saying it was corrupt or something. I'm going to re download it and try again. So this is all I have to do. Boot into twrp. Go to install and select the 7.0 zip file and I'm upgraded?

12. frosthax1

Yes.the removal of supersu and installing magisk is just an extra step because some apps detect root and that bypasses it.the 1 gig download is the actual upgrade though

13. DeezNutz420

DeezNutz420 Newbie

Okay. I Acually don't need root after the upgrade. Something must of went wrong when I downloaded the debloated 7.0 zip file as stated above I get an error message from twrp when I try and install it. I will re download and try again after work and let you know how 8 make out. Thank you for your time

14. frosthax1

that's up to you.then just do the full unroot. In supersu settings once you flash.i would still recommend flashing magisk to get proper root for this phone anyways because if you want to keep unlocked bootloader and twrp you will still need it for some apps like netflix and pokemon go to work as those are detected whether you have root or not and relocking bootloader just bricks the phone.unless you just want to lock it and use lg bridge to upgrade full stock.

15. d2thamiser

d2thamiser Lurker

j

LG Stylus 2 Plus Forum

The LG Stylus 2 Plus release date was July 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 430 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

July 2016
Release Date
Reviews