• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Lite Custom Rom for Ally

getitnowmarketing

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
This rom is rooted, deodexed, & nano from adb is also included. Based on V08.

Added:
spareparts

Removed:
amazon
amazon mp3
Backup assistant
VVM
com.google.android.marvin.kickback
com.google.android.marvin.soundback.apk
com.google.android.marvin.talkback.apk

Removed items are included as a seperate update.zip.

Tweaked native android taskiller to be more agressive. Disabled ota updating also.

Copy the ally_v8_rooted_deodexed_signed.zip to root of sd card.

Install with custom recovery and run a nandroid backup 1st before flashing.

NOTE YOU MUST SELECT WIPE DATA AND WIPE DALVIK CACHE BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS UPDATE.ZIP!!!!!!

Since this rom is deodexed it will take a bit longer to boot up the 1st time about 5 minutes.

MD5=e3bf949cb064bbac7da0dc4a31bde9ec

Download Here

I had a bad update-script in the removed_apks_signed.zip here is a fixed one Fixed Removed_apks_signed.zip

Attached is a working spareparts as I had the wrong one just unzip and copy to phone and install with a file manager. Change the window and transition animations to fast with it.

Attachments

• SpareParts.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 159
Ok, I followed the instructions and rooted my phone with no problem last night. But I'm a bit lost on the steps to take here.

NOTE YOU MUST SELECT WIPE DATA AND WIPE DALVIK CACHE BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS UPDATE.ZIP!!!!!!

So before I install with custom recovery I need to wipe data and wipe dalvik?

Also a few post down from your original, you said we had to fast boot recovery first.....

So...after I download your 92 mb file, whats the very next step I should take?

Upvote 0
Ok, I followed the instructions and rooted my phone with no problem last night. But I'm a bit lost on the steps to take here.

So before I install with custom recovery I need to wipe data and wipe dalvik?

Also a few post down from your original, you said we had to fast boot recovery first.....

So...after I download your 92 mb file, whats the very next step I should take?

In order to use a custom rom you have to follow the steps to boot into my custom recovery first. Then once in recovery you wipe data and davlik-cache and select flash zip from sdcard. The usb-ms toggle menu in recovery will also mount your sdcard as a removable drive to get easy access to copying zips to it too.

To sum it up you have to use the custom recovery to install a custom rom.

Reactions: Desync
Upvote 0
  1. Boot to the Recovery Img
  2. Go to Backup / restore.
  3. Do the Nandroid thing.
  4. reboot phone.
  5. mount usb
  6. copy the nandroid folder to pc, now copy the ally_v8_rooted_deodexed_signed.zip to the root of card.
  7. boot into recovery img.
  8. go to wipe. Wipe data (sys restore) and Dalvik
  9. Now go back to main menu and Install rom from zip. Select the rom from the card
  10. the end!

Thats what I had to do. But I would trust drellisdee more then me.

Reactions: Desync
Upvote 0
This rom wasn't intended to be super awesome or anything it was more of a proof of concept to test with the recovery. However, this one is deodexed so its ready for custom themes. My loaned ally will be going back soon and I'll leave you guys with a good rom base and instructions on how to easily build your own roms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones