• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted, missing Alarm

Brettus

Nov 11, 2009
I took the plunge and rooted my Droid using SMUpdater. I flashed the ROM to Bitchin' Bagel 2.0.5, and then overclocked to 800Mhz. This thing is running like a stinkin' dream - I love it. The new gallery is awesome, pinch zoom is even more "awesomer", wi-fi tethering is the "most awesomest" and now I don't have any of that screen lag that was driving me nuts.

However, I am missing my alarm clock. I downloaded one from the Marketplace, but I didn't trust it - and rightfully so - it didn't go off this morning (no, I don't use any taskiller apps).

Does anyone know how to restore the factory alarm application? Before I installed the "Alarmed" app, I had a package in my App Manager called com.android.alarmclock, but I am not seeing it anywhere in the App tray or on any of my home screens. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones