• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted My Droid.... Now what???

dude. Its called FRG22D. And go read the all things root guide before anything. I could have sworn someone has posted a thread with this exact same title before. If you don't really know what to do with a rooted phone then you shouldn't have even done it to tell you the truth. We (forum members) are not here to explain the ins and outs of rooting to you. Thats what the guide is for. Seems pretty lazy to me for asking that question...

and you get free apps in the thing thats called the market.

sorry but too many noobs expect stuff to just come to them these days.

Reactions: digdug1
Upvote 0
Congratulations, Punz203, you are the FIRST person I have ever witnessed to root their Droid and then ask everybody else why you did it! If you have no idea WHY you're doing things, why are you doing them? And I spent my 1001st post asking you this! :D

To get the performance you want, you're going to have to spend some money on things like SetCPU. If you want customization, you could have done that without rooting... but for custom ROMs then BUY ROM Manager. If you are not willing or able to pay for some key apps, I urge you - in the strongest possible terms - to UNROOT your Droid before any real damage gets done.

BTW your Droid will likely never "brick" but it'll sure make your life miserable if you start tinkering around in places you're unfamiliar with. I'm not flaming you here, just trying to help you avoid catastrophe. My 0.02

Upvote 0
it seems your compring rooting too much to jailbreaking an iphone. There are no "free games" similar to installous (im assuming thats what your looking for).

The main things about root that I like are the fact that I am on the cutting edge of software releases before non rooted devices. Being able to truly customise everything I want. and just being apart of the root community, there are tons of great devs as well as users here who are very helpful with the small differences between different rom releases.

Also on a side note, I highly recomend trying UD rom 2.0 with a 1.2 GHZ kernel your phone will be blazing fast, jsut make sure you study and read up on what you are doing 10x over before you even thing of doing it, then read another 10x before doing it.

Reactions: Punz203
Upvote 0
Dam you really gotta get familiar with this Sh*t huh... Well i read all about Roms and the order in which to install on my phone... so i just need to find a thread about Super User and get more familiar. thx again.

To be honest, I did not understand how Superuser permissions worked until I did my first root a few weeks back. I knew that it showed up as an app with an icon but did not understand how it was used. As it has turned out, it is much more user friendly than I imagined and requires very little interaction.

My understanding is limited but it goes something like this. When you install an application (i.e. SetCPU) that requires root permissions (on a rooted droid) on opening the application you will get a pop-up window asking if you would like to grant Superuser permissions and if you want the Superuser application to remember your decision. Once done, the Superuser app will remember your selection and automatically grant permission. If you click on the Superuser icon you will see a list of the apps for which permission has been granted. In other word, it all just seems to work in the background with interaction on the first using of the app.

Upvote 0
dude. Its called FRG22D. And go read the all things root guide before anything. I could have sworn someone has posted a thread with this exact same title before. If you don't really know what to do with a rooted phone then you shouldn't have even done it to tell you the truth. We (forum members) are not here to explain the ins and outs of rooting to you. Thats what the guide is for. Seems pretty lazy to me for asking that question...

and you get free apps in the thing thats called the market.

sorry but too many noobs expect stuff to just come to them these days.

Look, he may be a noob when it comes to rooting his Android phone. We all were at one point in time. It doesn't give you the right to be a jerkoff.

I was just like him. We all were. You have no idea where to go at this point and the forums have been widely preached to the four corners of the earth as being the place to go for answers in IT and many other subjects.

If you're aggravated at the question, it may be that you're just having a bad day and feel like getting your mad on toward a guy who's just looking for answers. This is a community and a community helps each other. Either way, all you have to do is ignore the question if you don't feel like answering it, okay?

Upvote 0
Look, he may be a noob when it comes to rooting his Android phone. We all were at one point in time. It doesn't give you the right to be a jerkoff.

I was just like him. We all were. You have no idea where to go at this point and the forums have been widely preached to the four corners of the earth as being the place to go for answers in IT and many other subjects.

If you're aggravated at the question, it may be that you're just having a bad day and feel like getting your mad on toward a guy who's just looking for answers. This is a community and a community helps each other. Either way, all you have to do is ignore the question if you don't feel like answering it, okay?

Amen! If you want to flame someone, go to a role playing forum and play a wannabe, sarcastic bad@$$ behind a keyboard there, because none of us are impressed by your failed attempt to be one here. The guy was just looking for help. If you have no useful input, than you being on this site is as worthless as tits on a bull. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
androidlover14 wasn't angry towards punz203, but the question that he and a lot of others have been asking lately. punz was right not to take it personally. perhaps it could have been stated in a friendlier manner, but we do all have bad days and he has since apologized. no need for everyone joining in and make this a flame contest. it isn't what this forum is about.
now, the stickies were labor intensive are put in place for a reason. they are there for newbs to the more experienced to read and research. i still go there from time to time to refresh when trying to help someone else out. we are all here to help should you need it.
but a certain amount of the responsibility has to fall upon your shoulders as well.
now that isn't being an a$$. i say that to save yourself a whole lot of anxiety should you get stuck in a partial brick situation. if you havent noticed this area is a lot quieter than it used to be and there may not be someone who can help you for a little while.
i have said it before just because there is a one click root, you should still read the stickies. there is no one click sbf for your phone and there are some who may not be able to do so otherwise.

Upvote 0
have you tried lfy 1.95 yet? liquid makes the fastest roms imo but the battery life could be a lil better. i have found chev's ss roms to always be the most dependable, best battery life roms out. although they aren't the fastest they certainly aren't slow i'd rank it as number two in speed at least on my droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones