1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Rooted, need SPRecovery/ROM help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ryanbroham, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ryanbroham

ryanbroham Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    So (as far as I can tell) I've successfully rooted.

I've been searching around and trying to install SPRecovery so I can backup using nandroid or whatever and install ROMs, with no luck. Is SPRecovery a file I need to download after rooting? If so, where can I find it? And after backing up, where do I find and how to I install ROMs?

I know I'm probably posing questions that have been answered, but in this forum and elsewhere I cannot seem to find a simple, step-by-step set of instructions of what to do after initially rooting.

Thanks in advance, from a total noob.

Advertisement

2. deeznuts2

deeznuts2 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Behind you...
  3. ryanbroham

ryanbroham Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
  4. deeznuts2

deeznuts2 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Behind you...
    Common problem....to get around it, click on mount system 3 and when asked if you want to always allow, check it and proceed. Wait a little and it will force close on you. Then just mount it again and it will work. proceed as indicated in the directions.

5. cebomholt

cebomholt Member

Dec 10, 2009
    not sure if this is helpful or not, but i had the exact same issue. Sometimes it would take each step of the root-helper app >30-40 secs to complete. It would time-out to a force close everytime, but if i just gave it a minute or so it always completed.

6. jdldf

jdldf Active Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Salaried Retail Manager, Full time student
    New York
    Did u get it?

7. ryanbroham

ryanbroham Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks for the help everybody, I'm trying it right now. I'll post my results

8. ryanbroham

ryanbroham Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Sweet, got through the process of nandroid backup. Now to attempt to install a ROM...

9. droidx

droidx Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Cleveland,OH
    okie, i just rooted and flashed my droid to bugless 0.84, and so far i like it, the whole rooting and flashing, nandroid backup was WAY easier than i thought. the only problem i have right now is when i reboot the phone, it boots into bugless , but then it restarts like 4 times, then its ready to go, is that normal? i get the update from his website, with the map fix, do i just load that on top of the bugless? thanks a lot

*update* okay, i got it, i had it plugged in the whole time, so i had to turn it off, with it unplugged, let it check the card for error, then i was able to get the update from bugless, and install it, now it boots up one time, its awesome, i love the look. im glad i hopped the barb wire fence to the root side