1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root rooted newbie

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ceceboo13, Jun 11, 2011.

1. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

Sorry I'm here.. I am going to try & unroot with the auto unroot if it will dl all the way.. if not I will use the link that u provided. I hope it works I want to be rooted so bad!

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

thanks for the update. just let us know how it goes,if you dont mind. i was afraid you had bricked your phone and just werent coming back :eek:

not that i think that will happen. ;) i think one of the 2 ruus will fix you up so you can reroot correctly.

3. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

For the method u told me.. all I would have to do is download the first link to get me back and then I'm unrooted?

4. scotty85

Correct. Try the 1st link first,if you get an error try the second. I'm at work but ill try and watch if you have any questions or prollems.

5. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

I am downloading it now I will let you know if I have any problems.

6. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

ok im offically lost.. i dowloaded it.. extracted it because it wasnt reading it.. so now i have tons of files on my laptop. how do i get it on my phone? just plug in my phone and drag it.. or drag the unextracted one on my phone?

nvm i just read the part where it says do not extract it, so i deleted the extracted part and i am just going to take the zip part and drag it to my sd card? and do what the directions say for the flash hboot ?

7. scotty85

8. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

My phone wont do the whole volume down & power on thing.. I have tried it soooo many times..

9. scotty85

What is happening? Nothing(not finding file) or an error message?

10. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

Nothing its just a black screen.. I haven't even put the file on my phone yet bc I'm afraid it wont work siclnce the volume power thing doesn't work

11. scotty85

Just so were on the same page...
    -power off
    -press and hold volume down
    -press and hold power
    -hold until something happens...

You get a black screen?
    Did you go to settings/power and make sure there is not a checkmark next to fastboot?

12. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

Your awesome! I just unchecked the check mark next to fast boot! Hopefully this will work this time I will do it as soon as I get home from work

13. scotty85

Do you have your phone with you? You can go ahead and verify that you can get into hboot. If you can,then you should be in good shape to flash the ruu :)

14. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

i dont think it changed anything..

15. scotty85

Do you mean you are still unable to get to hboot via power/volume down?

16. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

I'm in rooted :) now I'm scared to reroot haha

17. scotty85

i assume you mean your unrooted ;)

im glad you finally got it to work. :cool:

just follow the steps in the manual guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=996616 and youl be fine.

there are a couple of videos and links here: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/322897-thunderbolt-rooting-methods.html to help you set up adb and get it working,and how to follow the guide.

at the end youll be in a much better state than what you were and will be able to enjoy rooting/roming your TB :)

18. scotty85

also,was it the first ruu that worked for you or did you have to go to the second?

check your firmeware version and verify youre now 1.12.605.6 or .9

19. ceceboo13

ceceboo13 Member

First one & first one lol

20. scotty85

excellent. :) start yourself up a new thread if you have any questions about re-rooting

21. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast

That was like reading a suspense thriller..."pretty work" Scotty -- as we fishermen say.

scotty85 likes this.