1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooted Nook Color stuck in boot cycle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nunyabizness, Jan 25, 2013.

1. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Android Enthusiast

I bought a used rooted Nook Color for my sister. It appeared to work fine; however, when I plugged in the charger at home it triggered a boot loop. It just keeps going to the Cyanogen orange and black screen with 6 options. I choose the first to boot. Eventually it will finally boot, but it's obvious something's not right and I don't really want to give it to my sister this way. :rolleyes: Any suggestions as to what to do? I'm not completely clueless when it comes to rooting, as I did it way back in the Eris days, but I didn't install any custom rom's or anything so I'm not a pro there. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

What do you mean by rooted? :D (stock rom? custom rom like CM7?)

Is the charger stock B&N? Stock cable with orange or green "n" where it plugs into the tablet?

What rom version? (should be in settings)

3. nunyabizness

Thank you for the reply :) Sorry for the late response, finally getting around to cleaning out the inbox :p

My sister has it now and she's 1.5 hours away and...not tech savvy in the least... ;)
    So, to the best of my knowledge...it's running CM7 I think, as when it does boot up it has a CyanogenMod screen. Not a stock charger - the one he included with it was an Energizer. I tried another microUSB charger to the same result - again, not stock. As for the rom v, not sure. I'll see if it's something she can decipher. ;)

4. colchiro

The NC comes stock with a special cable with a "n" on it that shows green when fully charged or orange when needing a charge. I hope you're using the stock cable. Any other cable may mess up the connections in your tablet.

Most tablets need a 2 amp charger to charge properly, esp if the screen is on. A 1 amp charger may be able to keep up if the screen is off. It's possible to run it completely dead if using a charger that's too small.

nunyabizness likes this.
  5. nunyabizness

Thank you! I'm not sure what the amperage on the charger was, but I can tell you the charger I used on it was a phone charger. I did charge it with the screen off.

6. colchiro

The cable is the important part.

tube517 likes this.