1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooted not receiving text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gonefishin96, Dec 27, 2010.

1. gonefishin96

gonefishin96 Newbie

been rooted for a while had no trouble before was using kaos 2.2 could send text calls data and was even tethering but wont receive texts...did a reboot nada...did a full wipe and new rom nada...tried using handsent and stock messaging app not luck...been using my black berry but would like to get back to android on my eris thanks for any help!

note - i looked through all similar threads and no real solution to my problem

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kobel1up

kobel1up Android Enthusiast

Try a stock 2.1 rom, like XtrRom 4.6.5. It may work, or you may need to start uninstalling apps that you have installed. Start with the ones that you have installed around when the problem started.

3. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

Odd, this just happened to me today too...people are receiving my texts, but I'm not getting theirs.

I already tried a battery pull and a *228, going to try putting on a new rom, and if that doesn't work, I might just get a new phone. Wanted to wait to hear about the new ones on January 6th, but I might just settle for the Incredible if I can't fix this problem.

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

gonefishin96 and BY724 like this.
  5. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that probably works...I tried loading a new rom on and that DIDN'T work.

That was kind of the last straw for me though...loved my Eris for the 13+ months that I've had it, but lately it's been nothing but frustration. I'm unrooting and hopefully getting the incredible tomorrow.

6. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

This tells me that there is nothing inherently wrong with the device, but that some setting somewhere hasn't gotten messed up.
    Good luck with the DInc, but don't expect it to be problem free either. A bad or misbehaving app is a bad or misbehaving app on any phone.

7. gonefishin96

gonefishin96 Newbie

8. Ticks4dogs

Ticks4dogs Lurker

A few weeks ago I was having the same problem, sending text but couldn't receive. Running Froyo v.37. Reinstalled the rom but the problem continued. Ran my Nandroid 1.5 original install and that took care of my texting problem. Rooted it back to Froyo V.37 and haven't had a problem for a couple of weeks.:cool:

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews