• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted now don't like

Mkeyboy

Dec 22, 2013
I got my phone rooted last night and now im not keen on it. Each time I switch it on there is a yellow triangle ,even tho I got told not to worry about it. If i was to sell it i wouldn't be able to with that showing. Is there a way to revert it back to factory. I'm not a phone geek and I dont like the layout of it.
I lost all my contacts cos they didn't sync with Google either.

Help appreciated..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hey mate. The yellow triangle is normal on samsungs, dont worry. To go back to normal just use triangle away while rooted then flash stock firmware to remove root.
What phone is it? What android version are you on?
Paying for TA is the only way i know of to reset the flash counter btw. If you arent willing to pay that small price to the developer who probably made it possible to root your phone in the 1st place then theres nothing we can do to help :)

Upvote 0
The best source of information on un-root-ing is in the All Things Root sub-forum of the forum dedicated to your phone. The methods vary from one model to another.

If you identify the model of phone and the carrier you are using (something like Samsung Galarza S2 on T-Mobile) ... we can move this thread to the appropriate location.

(The model can usually be found in Settings | About phone | Model number. If it has a removable battery many times there is a sticker under the battery with the information.

... Thom

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I thought jigs just forced download mode mate?

They also reset the flash counter. Safer than TA, too.

While I am a big fan of Chainfire's work and support him when I have the chance, right there on the app description it states
!!! THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. A USB JIG IS PREFERRED IF YOU HAVE A WORKING ONE !!!

Upvote 0
Good info mate. I keep meaning to order a jig just incase. Are they device specific?

Not that I've seen, but they are only for Samsung phones. The official jig will bridge pin 4 and 5 with 301k resistance while the homemade one is only 300k, but I never had a problem with my homemade one not booting a device into download mode.

Upvote 0
Not that I've seen, but they are only for Samsung phones. The official jig will bridge pin 4 and 5 with 301k resistance while the homemade one is only 300k, but I never had a problem with my homemade one not booting a device into download mode.

Cool. Thats gona be one of my new years resolutions lol. To make myself a jig BEFORE i need it. I do stupid things like flash experimental roms that have come straight from a dudes computer who doesnt own my device and needs a tester to see if it boots lol. So far ive always been able to save myself but i know the day will come when i really need a jig :)

Upvote 0
Cool. Thats gona be one of my new years resolutions lol. To make myself a jig BEFORE i need it. I do stupid things like flash experimental roms that have come straight from a dudes computer who doesnt own my device and needs a tester to see if it boots lol. So far ive always been able to save myself but i know the day will come when i really need a jig :)

If you've already got the gear to build one, it should cost under

Upvote 0
Are the pins that are to be shorted ones that are connected to wires in the charge/data cable?

If I recall from the last cable I dissected, pin 5 is unused and pin 4 may or may not be used depending if it is a data cable or a charge-only cable.

micro-usb-pinout.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones