• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted now how to flash roms?

Guesst

Sep 22, 2010
Hi guys, sorry if this is covered, theres just so much information that i read through im a bit overwhelmed and am probably missing something. So i just rooted the droid x, now i was reading the faq on another thread and it said the next step is to deodex before I can flash any roms? How do i do that, that one says its for 2.2.1 or 2.1, but my software version is 2.3.3. Is this a step i still need to take? And then whats the process after that? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Most ROMs are already deodexed, deodexing would really only apply to you if you were going to stay with the stock MOTOBLUR that comes on the phone, and then wanting to theme it. APEX, Liberty, ZombieStomped, CM7, MIUI, pretty much all the big ROMs are deodexed already. You'd just have to follow the directions provided with which ever ROM you were wanting to flash. Generally the steps to take would be:

Download and place ROM files onto root of SD card
Use Titanium Backup to backup all your apps, not system data, just apps
boot into ClockWorkMod
wipe data and cache
install zip from SDcard
reboot
for good measure, I usually will wipe data and cache again
reactivate phone
re-install Titanium Backup
restore apps with Titanium Backup

thats just a quick, general outline of the steps, dependant upon which ROM you decide to flash, there may be more steps involved

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. So it's pretty much the same procedure as my bolt... Just seemed the instructions on the FAQ were trying to say that I had to deodex before using a deodexed rom which kind of threw me off... I must've read itvwrong... Guess I'll try it out, thanks again! While I'm at it actually, any suggestions on a rom that would be similar to the sense roms for the bolt?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones