• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted, now what?

lopez0614

Oct 24, 2009
i have a sprint htc hero and now that im rooted i dont know what to do. how do i get rid of those annoying apps or make any changes that whould result in !. making my phone faster and better and B. having gone through the headache of rooting. please help!!!

i have a sprint htc hero and now that im rooted i dont know what to do. how do i get rid of those annoying apps or make any changes that whould result in !. making my phone faster and better and B. having gone through the headache of rooting. please help!!!
LMAO. Why? Why would you go through the trouble of rooting if you didnt know what to do after you got there?

Upvote 0
Lopez, I'm sorry but you have brightened my day. I've been smiling from ear to ear after reading you post. You will have to wait for a functional replacement ROM to be flashed to the phone... you did backup your phone right? Anyway... you remind me of myself... always doing things and THEN reading the instructions... lolz

Upvote 0

Hi

Don't know if this is any help, but checkout this discussion:

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/15416-modaco-custom-hero-rom-cdma-hero.html

Looks to be something interesting, along the lines of your question.

Upvote 0
Random Access Memory. the programs are completely gone and no lnger turn on whenever they want to. also i was going to ask if anyone knows what happens if u delete the stockj message app? the one that seems to be using all the battery? im using handcent right now and if i could get rid of that old program i would be in nirvana!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones