• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted....now what?

RazoE

Sep 2, 2010
www.cafepress.com
Hi guys, I recently rooted my Slide, following this guide step by step..

How To: Root the HTC MyTouch Slide (Exploid Method) (Updated 09.28.10) | TheUnlockr

but I don't notice anything different at all, I used the rom they recommended, which was a stock style, but when I try to delete stock apps, nothing it still says unable to uninstall...

what's going on?

I noticed the phone is much faster, but that may be due to the fact that everything was cleared out. Apps install way faster, but is that all..?

Hey, there's a new version of CyanogenMod 6 that you may want to check out. You can flash it with ROM Manager, and you can backup your apps with Titanium Backup (both of which are available from the Android Market).
It gives you 2.2 (FroYo), and adds a lot of new enhancements.

Hey is there a way that any of you guys and somehow teach me how to root my mytouch 3g slide? i saw on your blog that gingerbread is coming out! is there a link that still has working links and still works clear? or can you guys send me files and directions to my email on how to do it? ken.s.nuguid@gmail.com

thanks i really appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Nope, flash doesn't work with the camcorder, I did load up the latest cyanogen, but I noticed it didn't have market, so I flashed again and went back to the stock style rom. Is there a program I need to install that let's me delete stock apps? That's the main reason I rooted: to delete useless apps that keep running and killing my battery...

Upvote 0
Hey is there a way that any of you guys and somehow teach me how to root my mytouch 3g slide? i saw on your blog that gingerbread is coming out! is there a link that still has working links and still works clear? or can you guys send me files and directions to my email on how to do it? ken.s.nuguid@gmail.com

thanks i really appreciate it!

Well the slide has yet to receive a Gingerbread ROM. I know for a fact Cyanogen is working on one as we speak. Ill post a link in the rooting guide I wrote once a stable version of it lands down.

And thanks for visiting my blog :D

Upvote 0
I wanted to root the phone for a guy I am selling it to but for some reason I can't install the JDK to run the android SDK..

Anyone got a clue? I have Windows 7 home premium 64-bit if that helps.

I honestly have no idea why it's not working. If you can somehow find a disc or something with XP, run a virtual machine. Again, though, im not sure how that works. Sorry :S

Upvote 0
I honestly have no idea why it's not working. If you can somehow find a disc or something with XP, run a virtual machine. Again, though, im not sure how that works. Sorry :S

This is my problem...
Capture.jpg

Upvote 0
This is my problem...
Capture.jpg

That is really strange. I'm planning on trying to root my phone in the near future - I also have 64 bit Windows. I'll let you know if I have any issues. Did you already try uninstalling/reinstalling the JDK? Maybe try an older version of the JDK? Or try a non 64-bit version of the JDK? Just throwing out ideas...

Upvote 0
Any progress? Try this (From a Slide root tutorial):

Verify Java JDK is installed correctly by opening a command prompt (WinKey+R, cmd) and running the command javac. The output should look like this:

01.png

If instead you get a command not found error or any other output, it probably means you don't have the correct system PATH environment settings. See this guide on how to change the PATH variable. (Step 5. Update the PATH variable)

Upvote 0
Any progress? Try this (From a Slide root tutorial):

Verify Java JDK is installed correctly by opening a command prompt (WinKey+R, cmd) and running the command javac. The output should look like this:

01.png

If instead you get a command not found error or any other output, it probably means you don't have the correct system PATH environment settings. See this guide on how to change the PATH variable. (Step 5. Update the PATH variable)

Yeah..... no luck.

Capturekkkl.jpg

I have tried older versions... the 32-bit version.... nothing.

It shows up in my list of installed programs but thats it.

Upvote 0
To set the PATH variable:

Control Panel > System (Under System and Security in category view) > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables... (in the Advanced Tab)

If you have a PATH variable under User Variables, add the file path where your JDK is installed to the end of the value (with a semicolon separating the values). If you don't have a PATH variable. Press 'New' and the variable name should be PATH and the variable value should be the file path where your JDK is installed (something like C:\j2sdk1.4.2_<version>\bin or C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18\bin - depending on version and where you installed it - if you can't find it try searching for j2sdk or jdk (or sdk if those don't work))

Do that and then try the 'javac' command line thing again.

Edit: I just installed the JDK and i had the same issue - the javac command did not do anything. I created the PATH variable and now the javac command works. My JDK got installed here: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin;

Edit Edit: I just tried to install the Android SDK and it can't find my JDK either... oh boy...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones