• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted - now what?

notaguru

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2010
S Cal
Thanks to the [brilliant!] tools here, my Dinc is now rooted and running fine, but on the original ROM.

I'm familiar with the rooted Eris (GSB, CM7), and want to ensure that the "familiar" process will work on this newer unit. Is this correct?

1. Find CM7(but where?) and download, then transfer to the top level of the SD card on the Dinc.
2. Boot into Recovery.
3. Nandroid.
4. Dalvik wipe and Data wipe.
5. Flash the ROM.
6. Boot.
7. Reconfigure the Home page, etc.

Questions:
---What about Gapps?
---With SetCPU, what's a safe overclock for the Dinc 3 (later model)?
---How fast is the internal storage?
---Is there any advantage to using a superfast SD card?

"4. Dalvik wipe and Data wipe."
And Cache

---With SetCPU, what's a safe overclock for the Dinc 3 (later model)?
You need to flash an overclock kernal. Just make sure it is not set to "set on startup" until you make sure the overclock is stable?

Depends what you mean by "superfast". Class 6 is normally plenty, but read comparison reviews as stated claims of speed are not always accurate. Generally taking HD video requires it. It will also store large megapixel photos faster when you take them so there is less recycle time between photos.

Upvote 0
Cm7 is found on www.cyanogenmod.com (or rom manager) and you need to flash gapps with it.
Safe overclock speeds vary from phone to phone. Overclocking will not offer much improvement, most people find it's not worth it(extra battery drain and heat). You will probably find more people who underclock. The stock speed is more than capable of handling most tasks.

Upvote 0
Thanks to the [brilliant!] tools here, my Dinc is now rooted and running fine, but on the original ROM.

I'm familiar with the rooted Eris (GSB, CM7), and want to ensure that the "familiar" process will work on this newer unit. Is this correct?

1. Find CM7(but where?) and download, then transfer to the top level of the SD card on the Dinc. id personally stickj with nightlys,not release candidates. find them here: CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution just make sure your download if you navigate away form that page is for "inc"
2. Boot into Recovery.
3. Nandroid.
4. Dalvik wipe and Data wipe. also wipe cache
5. Flash the ROM.
5.5 flash gapps
6. Boot.
7. Reconfigure the Home page, etc.

Questions:
---What about Gapps? first page of nightlys discussion in the incredible experimental mod forum. here: [NIGHTLY] [CM7] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum
---With SetCPU, what's a safe overclock for the Dinc 3 (later model)? 1.1ish ghz
---How fast is the internal storage?

sorry i dont know the answers to your last couple questions :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones