1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted - now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by notaguru, May 16, 2011.

1. notaguru

notaguru Android Enthusiast

Thanks to the [brilliant!] tools here, my Dinc is now rooted and running fine, but on the original ROM.

I'm familiar with the rooted Eris (GSB, CM7), and want to ensure that the "familiar" process will work on this newer unit. Is this correct?

1. Find CM7(but where?) and download, then transfer to the top level of the SD card on the Dinc.
    2. Boot into Recovery.
    3. Nandroid.
    4. Dalvik wipe and Data wipe.
    5. Flash the ROM.
    6. Boot.
    7. Reconfigure the Home page, etc.

Questions:
    ---What about Gapps?
    ---With SetCPU, what's a safe overclock for the Dinc 3 (later model)?
    ---How fast is the internal storage?
    ---Is there any advantage to using a superfast SD card?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Android Expert

"4. Dalvik wipe and Data wipe."
    And Cache

---With SetCPU, what's a safe overclock for the Dinc 3 (later model)?
    You need to flash an overclock kernal. Just make sure it is not set to "set on startup" until you make sure the overclock is stable?

---Is there any advantage to using a superfast SD card?
    Depends what you mean by "superfast". Class 6 is normally plenty, but read comparison reviews as stated claims of speed are not always accurate. Generally taking HD video requires it. It will also store large megapixel photos faster when you take them so there is less recycle time between photos.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Cm7 is found on www.cyanogenmod.com (or rom manager) and you need to flash gapps with it.
    Safe overclock speeds vary from phone to phone. Overclocking will not offer much improvement, most people find it's not worth it(extra battery drain and heat). You will probably find more people who underclock. The stock speed is more than capable of handling most tasks.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Not sure if the "now what" question was limited to the items in the OP but the first things
    I would recommend is get Titanium Backup and Root Explorer. If I misinterpreted the intent, disregard.

5. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

sorry i dont know the answers to your last couple questions :)

6. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    VIP Member

What method did you use to root?

NVM I'm rooted.;):D

7. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews