1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted, now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TFroehlich4368, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TFroehlich4368

None

Sep 15, 2011
    PC Tech
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Good Morning Everyone!
    Alright, so last night I finally rooted my phone. It took me forever to come to rooting because I use my phone to manage a business and a lot of other things. I finally got some vacation time so I went ahead and did it because if I messed it up I could just go out and buy another one without trying to be reached regarding business.

So now that I am rooted, what should/can I do with my Prevail? I would like to customize the home screen, and customize the system sounds, is this possible?

Advertisement

2. SpCowboy2842

SpCowboy2842 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Male
    Warehouse Manager
    The mountains of N.C.
    It is very much possible to customize the system sounds. First of all the sounds have to be in .ogg format, and they can not be over( I think 5 seconds in length). You will need to search for a sound converter on the internet of your liking. After creating your. ogg clip, you will then need to place it on the SD card. Go into your root explorer and scroll down to System and click. Find the media tag and click again. Scroll down to UI, and there you will find the main sounds( keyboard, etc...). To add a sound, you will need to switch the phone to R/W. Go to the sound that you want to change and add .bak time the name. then go back and copy the replacement sound and paste it to System/media/UI, or where ever else you want the change to occur. You might possibly have to change the name to whatever it is that you are replacing though if it doesn't work the first time, but DO NOT DELETE the original sound.