1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

rooted!!!.... now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fgibson, Apr 11, 2012.

1. fgibson

fgibson Member

so i finally rooted my phone... now what do i do? i am totally not techy and confused... help please

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brianmaedche

brianmaedche Well-Known Member

Well if you have CWM. you could flash the ROM we have for our phone. It makes it run alot smoother and the battery life is greatly improved.

3. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

First thing I did was freeze 44 stock apps. Then I installed clocksync to keep the wonky system clock on time. I use clocksync on all my phones, but the spectrum clock is really inconsistent.

fgibson likes this.
  4. admn81

admn81 Android Enthusiast

If you have CWM I'd make a nandroid backup before you doing anything! Afterwards you install the ROM or keep it stock and get rid of any apps you dont want.

fgibson likes this.
  5. fgibson

fgibson Member

couple other questions looking for a reccomendation.. i like visual voicemail.. but that app is totally gone.. i did a back up with titiaum root (didnt read about the nandroid until after i added the rom) and lost it, and also what is this deva website people talk about? oh and any must have apps i should think about

6. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

You should be able to find the visual voicemail app in the play store. It's usually under Verizon as the dev.

7. fgibson

fgibson Member

found it says it wont work with my phone... any other suggestions for voice mail apps?

8. admn81

admn81 Android Enthusiast

YouMailVisual VoiceMail Plus
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.youmail.android.vvm&hl=en
    Looks like it has a nice u/i(user interface) never tried any of them as it seems like there a ton of permissions to accept. Maybe Im just being paranoid though.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews