1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted, now wifi doesn't work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EmJay13, Jan 11, 2012.

1. EmJay13

EmJay13 Newbie
    None

Nov 14, 2010
    South Dakota
    I had an unlocked GTi9000, so when I wanted to root my SGS2 E4GT i figured it was as straight forward as my older phone. I rooted my phone and now my wifi no longer works (at all). On my old phone I would simply flash the old firmware and all would be fine. Not sure it is that easy anymore, Sprint does not allow me to see my APN or MMS settings. (which I would need with the new Rom). Is there a good rom out there that unlocks the Sprint SGS2? If not, any idea of a fix for my wifi? Last option, any idea of how to remove the root?

Thanks, Mike

Advertisement

2. EmJay13

EmJay13 Newbie
    None

Nov 14, 2010
    South Dakota
    This is the first time I have had to deal with carrier "locked" features, it is also my first CDMA smart phone. My GT i9000 was GSM and unlocked. If I flash CM7 how do I set the APN and MMS? Or is this even needed on CDMA phones?

3. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    Male
    If you can search for qbking77 on Youtube. His videos are clear and give a great tutorial for the E4GT. Can't link to anything right now since I'm at work, but he's part of the ACS Syndicate that do lots of mods for this phone.