1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted on rom.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bcltoys, Jun 27, 2011.

1. bcltoys

bcltoys Android Enthusiast

Nov 15, 2009
    Male
    Marine tech
    Maryland
    Did a factory reset now I keep getting sense force close I have not used this phone in a while can't remember what to do. I meant no rom.

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    i think we need some more info...
    is the phone rooted?
    what rom are you running?
    did you use titanium(or some other means) to freeze or delete some apps?

assuming youre rooted,you could reflash that rom,flash a different rom,or restore a good working backup.

3. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm thinking that he is running stock with root.

If this is the case, since you have already done a factory reset, you may want to try installing a close to stock ROM, like xtrSENSE. You should be able to start from Recovery (from a powered down state, hold down VolUp while you power up the phone until you see the Amon_RA recovery menu). If you have no other way to get xtrSENSE5.0.1.zip to the phone, you can connect the phone to your PC by USB and then go to the MS-USB menu option, which will connect the SD card to your PC as a removable disk drive. Copy the xtrSENSE zip file over, remove the drive that represents the SD card safely from your PC, then press the trackball on the Eris to return to the menu.

Then,

wipe menu
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe dalvik cache
    Vol Dn to return to main menu
    Flash a zip from SD card menu
    Choose xtrSENSE5.0.1.zip and press the trackball
    When it completes, restart the phone.

[ROM][GPL][3/15/2011] xtrSENSE5.0.1 [cache2cache,apps2sd,oc,jit]-HTC Sense - xda-developers

scotty85 likes this.
  4. bcltoys

bcltoys Android Enthusiast

Nov 15, 2009
    Male
    Marine tech
    Maryland
    You are correct I am rooted running stock cant remember if I deleted any bloat but I ended up flashing a nandroid that got me back working. My next ? is I rooted using eris rooter I believe its a one click is there a way to unroot. I'm giving this phone to a friend and they dont want it to be rooted.

5. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    There sure is. There isa ROM called Flashback21_v2 that you can flash, as if you were flashing a custom ROM, that will return the phone to stock, remove root, and return the phone to the stock recovery.

You can find it here: [ROM][03/06/2011]FlashBack21 v2 -Return to Factory Stock - March 2011 OTA - xda-developers

Depending on how recently you rooted the phone, you can do the no radio version or the radio version. If settings->about phone->software info->baseband is not 2.42.01.04.27, I'd do the radio version. If you already have that baseband version, you can do the noradio version.