• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted Optimus - No Service Issue

Okay, so I am posting this thread as an absolute last resort, as I am completely embarrassed and very stubborn....

I rooted my LG Optimus S (Sprint - LS670ZVH) about a week ago. My main purpose for the root was to install wireless tether and move some apps over to the sd card since the internal memory is terrible. I have rooted many phones prior, so this was not difficult, and the root was successful.

After I rooted my phone, I decided to install Titanium Backup Pro on the phone. This was my first experience with the app. In the process of moving apps over, I believe I moved over an app that should not have been moved. As many of you know, the dialer storage takes up a good amount of internal memory space, so I thought that I would try to move it over to the sd card.

The file in Titanium is labeled Dialer Storage 2.3.3. I clicked on the options and selected to force the system app into a user app. (This is the only way that you can move the file over.) Once this was done, I attempted to move the file over to the sd card. The program froze when I attempted to do this, so I had to do a restart of the phone.

When I restarted the phone, I had a little x over the signal and the phone states "no signal." The first thing I did was check back in Titanium and see what happened to the app. Apparently, because it froze, the app had failed to move over to the sd card, but it was also no longer available on the system. I found it on my backup list and attempted to restore the app. Whenever I try this, it just keeps cycling stating that it is restoring app. I left it like this for 2 hours to see if it would finish. No luck.

Next, I attempted to do a factory reset. Whenever I select the factory reset, the phone just restarts. Nothing changes. I can't even view certain settings at this point such as mobile networks. It just goes blank when I try to. Also, I attempted to make a call (I can see dialer and even dial), but when I hit to call, the dialer app just closes.

Next, I attempted to force the phone into recovery mode using home+power+volume down when booting, but the phone refuses to go into recovery mode. It just flashes the black screen until I let go and then it boots up.

At this point, I was pretty frustrated, so I took a break. Then, I went on the computer and flashed xionia recovery through adb. I was able to flash the recovery on the phone, but the phone still will not let me go into recovery mode.

My last strategy was pretty weak, but I had to at least try. I took my old palm pre and activated it on my line so that it would deactive my optimus. I then attempted to reactivate my optimus (online). I attempted to get into the programming area ##786# but it simply closes the dialer when I go there.

At this point, I am at a loss which is why I have come to this forum. I hate not being able to figure out something on my own, but I hate even more not having a cell phone. Obviously, it was a terrible decision to attempt to move the dialer over. Please post if you have a possible fix. I am open to anything.

thank you and have a great day.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones