1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root rooted optums v unable to sync google

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by devoe420, Sep 6, 2011.

1. devoe420

devoe420 Newbie
    None

Oct 27, 2010
    I have a rooted optimus v I was cheaking out different roms didn't read the warning about the factory reset untill I already did now I can't sync google or access the market can anyone help thank you for any suggestions

Advertisement

2. rukin5197

rukin5197 Android Enthusiast
    None

Did you factory reset through recovery or the phone's settings?

3. devoe420

devoe420 Newbie
    None

Oct 27, 2010
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    It's not a problem. All you need to do is install a custom recovery and custom ROM. Go here [Reference Guide] Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED) - Android Forums this will give you an idea as to what's compatible with the "V"
    A good ROM to start with is the Bumblebee ROM as it gives you more app space than stock and is overclocked to 787MHz so it's faster. You will want to download xionia recovery for this ROM. Plus xionia has an option in the advanced section that allows you to fix a recovery loop(this is why,even though I am using the asopCWMod recovery,I keep xionia on the sd card).
    What method did you use to root your phone? If you used Gingerbreak who's tutorial did you use. The reason I ask is that you want to make sure you have the proper flash_image installed before you install a custom recovery.
    For the proper flash_image go here http://www.mediafire.com/?bx14hzq5i2pq3ps

flash_image and recovery.img need to be unzipped and put on the root of the sd card(not in any folder,but toward the bottom of the list of file folders on the sd card). ROM,Gapps,kernels,updates,patches,themes,boot animations, need to remain zipped when put on the root of the sd card.

You want to rename the recovery to recovery.img Example: Xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.zip. Unzip and it will read Xionia_cwma_12518.4_vigin.img then rename to recovery.img

To install the flash_image and recovery,download a terminal emulator and type in this:
    su(return)
    mount_-o_remount,rw_-t_yaffs2_/system_/system(return)
    cat_/sdcard/flash_image_>_/system/bin/flash_image(return)
    chmod_755_/system/bin/flash_image(return)
    flash_image_recovery_/sdcard/recovery.img(return)
    reboot_recovery(return)

The red underscores are where the spaces should be, do not type them.
    (return)=do not type this. Just hit the enter key(the one on the bottom right)

6. You should now be in your recovery. To scroll use the up/down volume keys. To select use either the home button or the menu button(if you chose one and the phone go blank,hit it again then use the other button). This first thing(and most important) you need to do is go to the backup and restore section and select backup(this will make a backup of your current system in case you make a mistake with the ROM install). Then once you have the ROM on the root of the sd card,do all these things in the recovery(to bring up the recovery at any given time,turn power off then hold home+volume down then power button,all at the same time):
    1.wipe cache partition.
    2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
    3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
    4.format boot,system,data,and cache
    5.go to install zip from sd card
    6.go to select zip from sd card,chose the ROM first. It will go thru the install procedure(When done go back to step 6. and select the gapps if you installed a Gingerbread ROM).
    When all this is done select reboot system now.

It will take 5-10min. for the initial reboot. (You will be asked to sign in if you installed a Gingerbread ROM,skip this).

Now you can go to the market app and click on it and sign in to your google account(you must have your e-mail address and log in code).Reboot the phone twice then set up your apps. Once you get everything set up just the way you like it and all your apps are just where you want them,go back into your recovery and make a backup of that ROM. You can now delete the first backup if you need to (you might keep it if you ever need to revert back to stock to sell the phone).

If you want to install a theme all you have to do is go into the recovery and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache,then do the same thing you did to install the ROM(theme must remain zipped)
    When you need to install an update to an installed ROM,all you have to do is wipe cache,and dalvik.

To change the boot animation (must remain zipped) go to /system/media(make sure that you have changed permission of the system from r/o to r/w) and delete the boot animation found there. Then copy the boot animation you have on the sd card and paste it where the old animation used to be(on next reboot it will be there)

If you decide to install a IHO-CM7 Gingerbread ROM like the BACKside ROM you will need the gapps as well. You will also need asopCWMod recovery which can be found in the thread entitled BACKside ROM (CM-7) + Green Machine Theme. Make sure you have a couple of reboots on the new install before installing the Theme
    To get to your recovery in a custom ROM use the power button to bring up a window with that option in it.

Tags: