• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted or not?

neojustneo

Aug 14, 2011
So I installed CM7 on my Triumph after I rooted it with Gingerbread and all was going well until I tried to install busybox on it. It wouldn't install so I went and downloaded busybox installer but it said that I don't have root access. Whats going on? Since CM7 is 2.3 based I don't think I can re-install gingerbread. Help?

CM7 comes with root access. You don't need to use GingerBreak. Right after I recently flashed MIUI, I had a similar issue. I had to make sure root access was enabled in superuser and then reboot before using TB. I believe the version of superuser is different between those ROMs, but the aame principle should apply.
I don't think GingerBreak will mess up root acces if you already had it, but I might be wrong there. Reflashing might be a good idea if it did.
You can get root checker (there is a free version) from the market to make sure you have root access.

Upvote 0
To use titanium backup on the stock ROM you need to root your phone. But only if you want to use TB to back up apps. You don't need to be rooted to flash a recovery and ROM.

To flash CM7 and have root access on it you don't have to use GingerBreak (or another method), it comes with root access.

There is a sticky at the top with easy to follow directions for getting CWM and a custom ROM on your phone. There are not any steps on there telling you how to use TB or anything like that, partially because most of the time it is better to just install everything from scratch so you don't restore something that will cause issues with your ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones