1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Rooted or unRoot, Samsung Vibrant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by broisbored, Mar 25, 2011.

1. broisbored

broisbored Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    Hey guys, I just bought a used Samsung Vibrant for t-mobile from an ebayer. Anyways I tried system restoring the phone and the micro sd card multiple times, but there are still personal files in the internal home directory file of the phone. Im new to android and rooting and i have no idea if the phone is Rooted or not. If it is I would like to Unroot it. How would I figure if its' rooted or not? Also what are the original files for the samsung vibrant (if you guys can tell me I would just delete the unnecessary files from the other user)

right now the files in the home directory are

DCIM
    metadata.calibre
    pictures
    video
    media
    android
    sd

is the metadata.calibre and android file needed, or is it just from the old owner? thanks.

Advertisement

2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Ohio
    If you have no vested interest in anything on the SD card / internal memory, then you could press the menu button, select the SD card and phone storage section, and then format them both.

As far as finding out if your phone is rooted, could you ask the seller? You could also download an app that requires root like...

1. Titanium backup.

I'm not quite sure of the actual steps to unrooting a Vibrant. You would probably find more help in the Vibrant forums...

Samsung Vibrant - Android Forums

Good luck.