1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

rooted pasword extractor for apps ?

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by 3tyson, Jul 29, 2016.

1. 3tyson

3tyson Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    hey there my mom gave me her s6 today because my phone broke, her phone is all filled with her photos and configured with her google account paswords and everything so id love to reset it. and turn it into my own phone

how ever her someone has logged in on her phone on instagram and the pasword is saved in there (her litle nies) she asked me to keep it on there so she can keep on seeing what shes up to,

i really dont feel like keeping it on there or seeing what ever she chats with her friends pop up on my phone every now and than, she herself is moving to an iphone so i cant just use titanium backup and transfer it

is there a way i could extract the paswords like many of the rooted wifi pasword crackers i mean the phone must have got it saved somewhere ?

ive put this in rooted cause i asume i will have to root the phone before il be able to ?

Advertisement

801chaz likes this.
  2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    Most correctly-designed apps will not store a user's password in a plaintext or otherwise-accessible format for just this reason. They'd likely instead only transmit the username/password to the authentication server once, and then store an encrypted authentication token locally.

You could probably use something like Titanium Backup or even Helium (which wouldn't require root) to transfer the logged-in Instagram to another Android phone, but that obviously won't work if she's going to an iPhone.

scary alien, Jfalls63 and Slayer72 like this.
  3. 3tyson

3tyson Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    so my 2 options are
    locate pasword file
    find out what encryption instagram uses
    dowload encryption tool

or

download helium backup instagram and transfer it to my old s3

thx dude kind of makes sence

4. 3tyson

3tyson Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    if annyone reads this in the future this did not solve the problem in this case instagram blocks helium from backing up the app probertly cause it knows im trying to steal the pasword kind of i have not rooted the device and installed titanium if i decite to do so and it will solve it i will post it