• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Phone at Verizon

ccousinsjr

Dec 29, 2009
sasnakrA
I went to Verizon today to get my phone fixed and I saw a Droid plugged into a laptop on one of the help desks. When no one was looking, I unlocked the phone and went to the settings, it was running 2.1 but on one of Pete's old bugless beast roms. Wifi tethering was on.

I just thought it was interesting. I'm not sure if it was an employee's or someone elses.

I went to Verizon today to get my phone fixed and I saw a Droid plugged into a laptop on one of the help desks. When no one was looking, I unlocked the phone and went to the settings, it was running 2.1 but on one of Pete's old bugless beast roms. Wifi tethering was on.

I just thought it was interesting. I'm not sure if it was an employee's or someone elses.

Lol, I used to root Eris's in Verizon stores for the hell of it. Used to keep the files on my Droid and Hoccer em over just in case I was happened to be in one. I always wanted to just delete the system folders to see what would happen :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones