1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted phone, cannot connect to 3G

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Denigi, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Denigi

Denigi Lurker

Hey Ijust rooted my Samsung Galaxy S Plus some days ago. But sudennly when I try to turn on 3G it just shows the ticked box in the settings but no icon in the notification bar, thus it isnt "truly" connected because the internet doesnt work. So Im stuck with wifi now. Do you think I deleted some system packet data settings while deleting bloatware apps and cleaning SD with SD Maid? If so, should I unroot and go seek help from my operator? I can make calls by the way. Please guys help me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Check your APN settings. If they've been corrupted that will produce this symptom.

3. Denigi

Denigi Lurker

And where can I find those settings? You mean in the mobile network settings? Because there arent any APNs there I can only create new ones...

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yes, mobile network settings -> access point names. If there are none there then that's your problem.

You should be able to find the settings for your operator on the web, most likely on their site somewhere.

No idea why they should vanish though.

5. Denigi

Denigi Lurker

Ok thats great thanks, ill look at the site then and see what i can find... maybe i somehow reset the APN settings in the system data, silly me

6. wdpettett

wdpettett Lurker

I have same problem with Sony Ericsson xperia arc s . We have only 2G up here, but LiveATC .net, planefinder, flightradar 24 and marine traffic, and ship finder all used to work great before I rooted ICS. Everything else works very fast and smooth but away from wifi , I have no internet.
    I have reformated phone and re installed all the apps, but to no avail. I have moved everything except 9 apps wich will not move, to 32GB sd card, with Titanium back up pro, and clean cashe but not data, most days to keep free space for updates, have I moved something I should not have. Data box checked on systems, regards, WDPettett.